著迷英语900句-第10部分
按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
FRANK: In the hall closet。 But you won’t need a coat today。 在走廊的壁橱里; 可是你今天不必穿
大衣;
FRANK: The sun is shining; and it’s going to get warm。 外面是晴天; 而且会逐渐变暖的。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Are you sure it’s not going to rain? 你确定不会下雨吗?
FRANK: I don’t think so; but anything is possible。 Your raincoat is in the hall closet; too。 我不这么
认为; 可是天气是无法预料的; 您的雨衣也放在走廊的壁橱里。
MR。YAMAMOTO: You know; Frank; I’m not as young as I was。 我跟你讲; 法兰克; 我老了。
FRANK: No one is; Father。 我们都老了; 爸爸。
MR。YAMAMOTO: You’re right。 Help me with my coat; Frank。 你讲得对; 帮我将大衣穿上。 法兰克;
FRANK: Have a good time; Father。 祝您玩得很愉快; 爸。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Thank you; Son。 谢谢你; 儿子。
PEDRO: Excuse me。 How much is the bus? 对不起; 请问巴士车票多少钱?
WOMAN: Fifty cents。 五毛钱。
PEDRO: Will the driver change a 10 bill? 十块钱的钞票司机可以找得开吗?
WOMAN: I don’t think so。 Oh; here’s the bus。 我想不会的; 噢; 车来了。
WOMAN: Oh; no! 噢! 真糟糕。
BUS DRIVER: What’s the matter; lady? 你怎么了? 女士。
WOMAN: Look at me! 你看我!
着迷英语900 句
BUS DRIVER: You look beautiful to me。 你看起来很漂亮呀!
WOMAN: Look at my dress! It’s ruined! 你看我的衣服! 完蛋了!
BUS DRIVER: I’m sorry; miss。 对不起; 小姐。
WOMAN: Is that all you can say? ‘I’m sorry; miss。’ What about my dress? “你就只能说这个吗?
““ 对不起; 小姐。 ““ 我的衣服怎么办?”
PEDRO: What are you going to do about this? 这事你该怎么办?
BUS DRIVER: Who are you? 你是谁?
PEDRO: Who do you think I am? 你以为我是谁?
BUS DRIVER: Look; mister。 I’m sorry。 It’s raining。 The streets are wet。 瞧; 先生; 我很抱歉。 外面下
着雨; 街道都是湿的。
PEDRO: Let’s sit down; dear。 我们坐吧; 女士。
BUS DRIVER: Hey; mister! You forgot to pay! 嘿; 先生! 你忘了付车钱!
PEDRO: I did not forget。 Is the bus pany going to pay for a new dress? 我没有忘记付钱; 汽车公
司将付新衣服的钱吗?
BUS DRIVER: Forget it! Forget it! Sit down。 算了! 算了! 你坐吧。
WOMAN: Very clever。 Do you ever pay for the bus? 真聪明; 你经常免费坐车吗?
PEDRO: By the way; my name is。。。 对了; 我的名字是。。。
PAULO: And that; Mr。 Crawford; is our plan。 We’d like your agency to handle the publicity。 郭佛先
生; 我们的计划就是这样子。 我们愿意由你的代理商去负责宣传。
MR。CRAWFORD: Good。 很好;
MR。CRAWFORD: Now let me make sure I have all the facts。 让我来确定一下我所知道的整个事情。
PAULO: Certainly。 请便。
MR。CRAWFORD: The Brazilian Pavilion is planning a petition for young artists。 巴西馆计划
为年轻的艺术家们举办一次比赛。
PAULO: Yes; and by the way; the Pavilion will display many of the entries during the final month of
the petition。
对。 噢; 对了; 在比赛的最后一个月; 很多应征的作品要在巴西馆展览出来。
MR。CRAWFORD: I see。 Now; the entries must all be oil paintings; correct? 好的。 参加比赛的作品都
必须是油画; 对不对?
PAULO: Yes。 对。
MR。CRAWFORD: Is there an age limit for the participants? 对参加比赛的人; 有没有年龄上的限制?
PAULO: We were thinking of thirty or thirty …five。 But you must know more about this than I do。 我
们考虑以叁十岁或叁十五岁为限。 不过; 关于这方面的事; 您知道的比我多;
PAULO: You have more experience。 您的经验比较丰富。
MR。CRAWFORD: I think thirty is the right limit。 How old are you; Paulo? May I call you Paulo? 我
认为叁十岁最好; 保罗; 你几岁了? 我可以叫你保罗吗?
PAULO: Of course; sir。 Twenty…nine。 当然可以; 我二十九岁。
MR。CRAWFORD: Yo u’re the same age as my son Michael。 你跟我儿子麦可一样大。
PAULO: Yes。 喔。
MR。CRAWFORD: Forgive me。 Where were we? 对不起; 我们刚才讲到哪里?
PAULO: We were discussing the rules of the petition。 我们刚才在讨论比赛的规则。
MR。CRAWFORD: Yes。 Now; you mentioned a grant。 对了; 你提到了奖助金;
着迷英语900 句
MR。CRAWFORD: What kind of a grant were you thinking of? 你们考虑什么样的奖助金?
PAULO: We were going to offer a scholarship; a living allowance; and air fare to and from Brazil。
What do you think of that idea? 我们打算发给一份奖学金; 还有生活费津贴及到巴西的来回飞
机票; 你认为这构想怎么样?
MR。CRAWFORD: Excellent。 非常好;
MR。CRAWFORD: What about the deadline for the entries。 参加的截止日期呢?
MR。CRAWFORD: Six months from today? 从今天起六个月?
PAULO: Yes。 They have to enter by November 1。 是的; 他们必须在十一月一号以前报名;
PAULO: We’ll announce the winner the following month。 而我们将在下一个月宣布得奖者。
MR。CRAWFORD: Good。 Well; I can have sample brochures ready for you in a week。 好。 我有小册
子的样本; 一个星期之内可以给你。
PAULO: Fine。 很好。
MR。CRAWFORD: Then; I’ll see you a week from today。 Is 2:00 convenient? 那么; 一个礼拜以后见。
两点钟; 方不方便?
PAULO: Perfect。 再好没有。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Ms。 Segura; Mr。 Farias is leaving now。 Good…bye; Paulo。 瑟姑拉小姐; 法瑞斯
先生现在要走了; 保罗再见。
PAULO: Good…bye; Mr。 Crawford。 And we’ll see you and Mrs。 Crawford for dinner on Wednesday。
郭佛先生再见; 礼拜叁吃晚餐的时候; 我们就可以跟您和郭佛太太见面了。
MR。 CRAWFORD: We’re looking forward to it。 我们正期待着。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Were there any calls? 有没有电话?
LAURA: Yes。 Your wife called fifteen minutes ago。 有。 夫人十五分钟以前打电话来。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Did she leave a message? 有没有留话?
LAURA: No; sir。 And your next appointment is here。 Mr。 Robert Gardner。 没有; 下一个人已经来了;
罗巴特·迦德纳先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Send him in; please。 请叫他进来。
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的; 先生。
LAURA: Your coat; Mr。 Farias。 法瑞斯先生; 您的大衣。
PAULO: Thank you; Ms。 Segura; Good day。 谢谢你; 瑟姑拉小姐; 再见。
LAURA: Good day; sir。 再见; 先生。
LAURA: As you see; Claire; the office is very formal。如你所看到的; 这里是非常规规矩矩的。
CLAIRE: Yes; 嗯;
CLAIRE: I realized that when Mr。 Crawford interviewed me。 郭佛先生面试的时候我就领会到了。
LAURA: Well; let’s go on。 The files are easy。 We keep our files in alphabetical order。 好了; 我们继
续吧。 档案很简单; 我们这里的档案按照字母顺序排列。
CLAIRE: Who handles the accounts? 谁管帐?
LAURA: We have an accountant。 我们请到一位会计师;
LAURA: He es in once a month and goes over the books。 他一个月来查一次帐。
CLAIRE: Laura; may I ask you a question? 罗拉; 我有一件事想问你一下; 可以吗?
LAURA: Of course。 当然可以。
CLAIRE: May I ask why you’re leaving? 我想问你为什么辞职?
LAURA: I’d rather not say。 我宁可不说。
着迷英语900 句
CLAIRE: I understand。 I’m sorry。 我瞭解; 对不起。
LAURA: No; don’t apologize。 Where were we? Oh; yes。 没关系; 不用道歉。 刚才我们讲到哪里了?
哦; 对了;
LAURA: Well; we keep the office supplies in this cabinet…paper; typewrite ribbons; pads; pencils;
pens; envelopes; etc。
公司的文具都放在这个柜子里: 纸张、打字机色带、便笺(印色) 、铅笔、钢笔、信封等等。
LAURA: Do you have any questions so far? 到此为止有没有问题?
CLAIRE: Yes。 How often do you work late? 有; 你时常工作得很晚吗?
LAURA: Hardly ever。 几乎没有过;
LAURA: Mr。 Crawford doesn’t like to pay overtime。 郭佛先生不喜欢付加班费。
CLAIRE: Good。 Because I don’t know if I can stay late。 I go to school at night。 很好; 因为我不知道
我是否能留得很晚; 我晚上要上课。
LAURA: What are you studying? 你念什么?
CLAIRE: Law。 when I was a girl; I wanted to be a lawyer。 And I’m going to be one。 法律; 我小的
时候就想作律师; 而我即将就是了。
LAURA: I admire you。 我真佩服你;
LAURA: It must be difficult to work while you’re going to school。 一边上班一边读书一定很辛苦。
CLAIRE: It is; but it’s what I want to do。 苦虽苦; 不过那正是我希望做的。
LAURA: Good luck。 Oh; I almost forgot。 We publish a World’s Fair newsletter。 Henry Leeds is the
editor。 His office is across the hall。 I think that’s it。 祝好运。 哦; 我几乎忘记了; 我们出版一份万
国博览会期刊; 编辑是里德斯。 他的办公室在走廊对面;我想那就是。
CLAIRE: Uh …where’s the ladies’ room? 嗯。。。 女用盥洗室在哪里?
LAURA: Oh; around the corner; second door on the left。 噢; 转弯左边第二个门。
CLAIRE: I want to thank you for all your help。 我必须谢谢你帮我这么多的忙。
LAURA: I was happy to do it。 Here are the keys。 After 5:00 today; it’s all yours。 One more thing; be
on time! He gets angry when you’re late。 我很高兴能够帮你忙; 钥匙给你。 今天五点后全交给你
了; 还有一件事; 要准时来! 当你迟到的时候他会生气的。
AA: What am I doing here? What’s wrong with this office? Everyone’s so quiet。 Nobody talks;
nobody smiles。 我在这里做什么? 这家公司是怎么搞的? 所有的人都那么沉默; 没有人说话;
没有人微笑。
AA: Oh well; yesterday was only the first day