著迷英语900句-第3部分
按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
MR。 CRAWFORD: Wine; dear? 亲爱的; 要不要酒?
MRS。 CRAWFORD: No; not for me。 不; 我不要。
MR。 CRAWFORD: No; thank you。 不要; 谢谢。
WAITER: Very good; sir。 好的; 先生。
PAULO: Hey; Joana。 Why aren’t you ready? It’s almost 7 o’clock! 嗨; 琼娜! 你怎么还没准备好?
快七点了!
JOANA: I’m sorry; Paulo。 I’m not going。 I have to study。 对不起; 保罗。 我不去了; 我要念书。
PAULO: But you can study later。 Don’t you want to go? 念书可以待会儿再念; 你不想去吗?
JOANA: No; not really。 I don’t like dinner parties。 嗯; 我不太想去; 我不喜欢宴会。
PAULO: But what can I tell the Crawfords? 那么我怎么跟郭佛夫妇说呢?
JOANA: Tell them I’m sick。 告诉他们说我不舒服。
PAULO: But you aren’t sick。 e on; Joana。 I don’t like to lie。 可是你没有不舒服呀! 拜托; 琼
娜; 我不喜欢撒谎。
JOANA: And I don’t like to go to dinner parties。 我不喜欢参加宴会。
PAULO: e on; Joana。 You can’t say “no” to the Crawfords。 琼娜帮个忙; 你不能拒绝郭佛家
人的邀请。
JOANA: My English is so bad; and they don’t speak Portuguese。 我的英文那么差; 而他们又不会
说葡萄牙文。
PAULO: Your English is fine。 And you have a good accent。 你的英文很好; 而且你的发音很标准。
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Do you really think so? 你真的这样认为吗?
PAULO: Yes; I do。 And you can practice your English at the party。 是的; 我真的这样认为。 何况
你参加宴会; 又可以练习说英文。
JOANA: You’re so confident。 你倒很有信心。
PAULO: Then you’re ing? 这么说; 你是要去了。
JOANA: No; Paulo。 I don’t want to go。 不; 保罗; 我还是不想去。
PAULO: Please; Joana。 Do it for me。 For my career。琼娜; 我求你; 就算是为我好了; 为了我的前途
JOANA: Who’s that? 是谁啊?
PAULO: He’s here。 Please; Joana; for me。 The door’s open! e in! 他来了; 琼娜请帮我开开门。
门没锁; 请进!
MICHAEL: Hi; Paulo。 嗨; 保罗。
PAULO: Hello; Michael。 Do you know my sister; Joana? 嗨; 迈克尔。 你认不认识我妹妹琼娜?
MICHAEL: No; I don’t。 不认识。
PAULO: Joana; I want you to meet Michael Crawford。 He’s driving us to his parents’ party。 琼娜;
介绍一下; 这是迈克尔·郭佛。 他要载我们去参加他父母的宴会。
JOANA: How do you do? 你好。
MICHAEL: It’s a pleasure to meet you Joana。 琼娜; 很高兴认识。
PAULO: I’m ready; but Joana。。。 我已经准备好了; 但是琼娜她。。。
JOANA: Oh; Paulo。 Just five more minutes。 Sorry to keep you waiting。 噢; 保罗; 再五分钟就好了。
对不起; 让你等。
MICHAEL: Don’t apologize。 I’m happy you’re ing。 不用道歉; 我很高兴你们来参加。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Michael。 迈克尔。
MICHAEL: Yes; Dad。 爸爸; 什么事?
MR。 CRAWFORD: We have to talk。 我们必须谈一谈。
MICHAEL: Oh? What about? 哦? 谈什么?
MR。 CRAWFORD: The business; son。 谈有关公司的事。
MICHAEL: What about it? 公司怎么样?
MR。 CRAWFORD: It’s growing。 I want an assistant; and。。。 公司在扩大业务,我需要一个助手,而。
MICHAEL: And you want me。 而您需要我。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Yes。 I’m 57。 Soon。。。 对; 我已经五十七岁了; 没多久。。。
MICHAEL: Dad。 You know I’m an artist。 爸爸; 你知道我是个艺术家。
MR。 CRAWFORD: I don’t understand。 我不瞭解。
MICHAEL: I know you don’t。 我知道你不瞭解。
MR。 CRAWFORD: You’re 29。 You’re intelligent。 你二十九岁; 又很有头脑。
MICHAEL: And I want to paint。 我要画画。
MR。 CRAWFORD: That’s a hobby; not a career。 那是一种嗜好; 不是一种职业。
MICHAEL: What about Michelangelo or Picasso? Was it a hobby for them; too? 米开朗基罗跟毕
加索呢? 画画对他们来讲也是一种嗜好吗?
MR。 CRAWFORD: No。 Of course not。 But。。。 不是; 当然不是; 可是。。。
MICHAEL: But what? Maybe I’m not Picasso。 But I have to try。 Give me a year。 One more year。 可
是怎么样? 我固然不是毕加索; 可是我不能不试一试。 再给我一年的时间好了; 一年。
着迷英语900 句
FRIEND: Don’t cry; Laura。 You don’t have to work there。 劳拉你不要哭; 你不一定要在那里工作。
LAURA: But I need the money! 可是我不能喝西北风! (可是我需要钱呀!)
FRIEND: Why don’t you look for a new job? 你为什么不找一份新的工作?
LAURA: Where? How? I don’t know my way around New York。 I feel lost。 到哪里找? 怎么找?
我对纽约不熟; 我感到茫然。
FRIEND: What’s wrong with the job; Laura? What don’t you like about it? 劳拉; 那份工作哪里不
好? 你是哪一点不喜欢呢?
LAURA: My boss。 I don’t understand him。 我的老板; 我不瞭解他。
FRIEND: What don’t you understand? 你哪一点不瞭解?
LAURA: I don’t think he’s human。 我觉得他不是人。
FRIEND: What do you mean? 我不懂?
LAURA: For him; business is everything。 Business is his life。 对他来说; 生意就是一切; 生意就是
他的生命。
FRIEND: Oh; Laura。 He can’t be so bad。 噢; 劳拉; 他不可能那么差劲。
LAURA: Oh; yes he is。 He’s a machine。 他的确那么差劲。 他像机器一样。
LAURA: No friendly words; no smiles; no little pliments。 Nothing。 Just business。 从来不说一声
友善的话; 从来不微笑; 从来不称赞人家一下。 什么都没有; 就只有生意。
LAURA: He isn’t human。 他没有人性。
FRIEND: What about your work? You like it; don’t you? 你的工作怎么样? 你喜欢; 对不对?
LAURA: Yes; I do。 And I know I’m a good secretary; but。。。 是的; 我喜欢。 而且我知道我是个好
秘书; 可是。。。
FRIEND: But what? 可是怎么样?
LAURA: To him; I am nothing。 A machine。 A late machine。 I am not a machine。 我在他的眼里一文
不值; 是部机器。 一部过时的机器; 但我不是机器!
FRIEND: Why don’t you talk to him? 你为什么不和他说呢?
LAURA: Because he’s impossible。 Leopards don’t change their spots。 I have to look for a new job。
因为他不可理喻; 本性难移。 我必须找份新工作。
PAULO: What are you doing? 你在做什么?
JOANA: I’m writing a note to the Crawfords。 I want to thank them for dinner。 我在写一封信给郭佛
家人; 以感谢他们的晚餐招待。
PAULO: Why don’t you call them? Here people always use the phone。 为什么不打电话? 这里的
人都是用电话的。
JOANA: Well; okay。 好吧。
PAULO: Why don’t we invite them to dinner? 我们为什么不请他们来吃晚餐?
JOANA: That’s a good idea。 I want Mama to meet Mrs。 Crawford。 这个主意很好; 我希望妈妈能
认识郭佛太太。
PAULO: What about Mr。 Crawford? Don’t you like him? 郭佛先生呢? 你不喜欢他吗?
JOANA: He’s impossible。 他不可理喻。
PAULO: Be nice to him。 你要对他好一点。
JOANA: You can be nice to him。 I don’t like him。 你可以对他好; 我可不喜欢他。
PAULO: Are you inviting Michael; too? 你也要请迈克尔吗?
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Of course。 当然。
PAULO: He was very happy last night。 他昨天晚上很开心。
JOANA: I was; too。 我也很开心。
PAULO: But Michael is always so quiet。 And last night; he was talking and laughing。 可是迈克尔总
是那么沉默。 而昨天晚上他有说有笑。
JOANA: What do you think about Michael? 你对迈克尔印象怎么样?
PAULO: I think he’s a great guy; but he isn’t very ambitious。 我认为他人非常好; 可是不太上进。
JIM: Grandfather; don’t lift that。 Let me help you。 爷爷; 别提那个; 让我帮你忙。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Thank you; but。。。 谢谢; 但。。。
JIM: You have a bad back。 你的背脊骨不好。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: I am old; but I’m not helpless。 我年纪大了; 可是还挺得住。
JIM: OK; Grandfather。 Can I help you? 好吧; 爷爷。 能为您效劳吗?
CUSTOMER 1: Do you have any lettuce? 有没有萵苣?
JIM: Yes; sir。 Over there; in the second case。 有的; 先生; 在那边; 第二个框。
CUSTOMER 1: How much is it? 怎么卖?
JIM: Seventy…nine cents a head。 一棵七毛九。
CUSTOMER 2: Excuse me。 How much are the grapes? 请问葡萄怎么卖?
JIM: Ninety …nine cents a pound。 一磅九毛九。
CUSTOMER 2: And the oranges? 橙子呢?
JIM: They’re five for a dollar。 一块钱五个。
JIM: Can I help you? 买什么?
CUSTOMER 1: Please。 I can’t find the lettuce。 麻烦你一下; 我找不到萵苣。
JIM: Isn’t there any in the second case? 第二个箱子里没有吗?
CUSTOMER 1: I don’t think so。 好像没有。
JIM: We don’t have a lot of lettuce today。 How much do you need? 我们今天没有很多萵苣; 您需
要多少?
CUSTOMER 1: Not much。 Only one head。 Oh; and a few limes。 不多; 一棵就够了。 对了; 还要几
个酸橙。
JIM: The limes are over there。 酸橙在那边。
CUSTOMERR 1: There aren’t many there。 那边没有几个。
JIM: Oh? How many do you need? 哦? 您要几个?
CUSTOMER 1: Oh; four or five。 大概四五个。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Is anything wrong? 有什么问题吗?
CUSTOMER 1: Oh; hello; Mr。 Yamamoto。 噢; 山本先生; 您好。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: You know my name? 你知道我的名字啊?
CUSTOMER 1: Of course。 Your market is famous。 当然; 您的店很有名。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Is it? 是吗?
CUSTOMER 1: There’s an article about it in the paper。 Here; look。 “GOING TO THE FAIR? FIRST
STOP: YAMAMOTO’S
FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MARKET。” 报纸上有一篇文章讲它。来; 你看:“打算到博览会去吗?
第一站:山本果菜店。”
JIM: May I buy the newspaper from you? 我能向你买这份报纸吗?
着迷英