著迷英语900句-第7部分
按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
LAURA: Yes; Mr。 Crawford。 I’m sure you can find someone better than I。 是的; 郭佛先生; 我相信
您一定能找到比我更行的秘书。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Very well; Ms。 Segura。 Put an ad for a secretary in tomorrow’s paper。 好吧; 瑟
姑拉小姐; 在明天报上刊个征求秘书的广告。
LAURA: Yes; Mr。 Crawford。 是的; 郭佛先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: This is very inconvenient。 真是麻烦。
LAURA: I’m sure it is。 我相信是很麻烦。
SALESMAN: Can I help you? 我能效劳吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Yes。 I want to paint my son’s bedroom。 I think sky blue is pretty color。 是的; 我要
粉刷我孩子的卧室; 我想天蓝色的顏色很棒。
SALESMAN: How big is the room? 房间有多大?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Not very big。 不很大。
SALESMAN: How many gallons of paint do you want? 你要多少加仑的油漆呢?
MRS。 NIKZAD: I don’t know。 我也不晓得。
SALESMAN: Look; why don’t you tell your painter to buy the paint? 嘿; 你为什么不告诉你的油
漆匠去买油漆呢?
MRS。 NIKZAD: I am the painter。 我就是油漆匠。
SALESMAN: Well; then。 Do you know the size of the room? 哦; 那么; 你知道房间的尺寸吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: No。 I’m sorry; I don’t。 不; 很抱歉; 我不知道。
SALESMAN: Is it larger or smaller than this store? 它比这个商店大或小?
MRS。 NIKZAD: It’s about half the size of this store。 大约是这个店的一半大小。
SALESMAN: You need two gallons。 你需要两加仑。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Now what do I do? 现在我该怎么办?
SALESMAN: Madam; why don’t you get a painter? 夫人; 你为什么不找个油漆匠?
MRS。 NIKZAD: My son and I want to paint the room together。 我儿子要跟我一起粉刷房间。
SALESMAN: All right。 Here。 Read these instructions。 Do you want the paint now? 好; 这里; 看看
这些指导说明; 你现在就要油漆吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Yes; please。 是的。
SALESMAN: Two gallons of sky blue。 That’s 21。39。 两加仑天蓝色的共是二十一元元角九分。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Thank you。 What time do you close? 谢谢; 你什么时候关店?
SALESMAN: We’re open till 6:30 tonight。 我们今晚营业到六点卅分。
: I think I’m falling in love with him。 Oh; what am I going to do? 我想我正与他谈恋爱了; 噢; 我
怎么办?
: Could I be his wife? 我能成为他的妻子吗?
: How long could I live in a little apartment on a poor street? 我能在这穷巷小屋住多久呢?
: He’s an artist。 He doesn’t think about money; but I do。 他是个艺术家; 他不在乎钱的问题。 但是
我在乎;
着迷英语900 句
: I like life’s little luxuries。 我喜欢一点奢华的生活;
: I like to buy pretty things new dresses and jewelry。 我喜欢买一些漂亮的东西──新的衣服;
珠宝等。
: I could live without them; I guess; but。。。 do I want to? 没有这些固然可以生活; 我想; 但是我希
望这样子吗?
: I guess I could always find a job。 I could work in an office or I could teach Portuguese。 我想我随
时可以找到工作; 我可以在公司里工作; 或教教葡萄牙文。
: Or could I? 我能吗?
: Maybe Mama is right。 Maybe I couldn’t live on 88th Street。 或许妈妈是对的; 说不定我无法在八
十八街过下去;
: It’s a long way from home in Brazil。 从这里到巴西太远了;
: Paulo wants to stay here; but Mama is going to go home soon。 保罗希望留在这里; 只是妈就要回
家了。
: She misses Papa and her life there。 她怀念爸爸和在那里的生活;
: And what about me? 而我呢?
: We could live six months here and six months there。 我们可以在这里住个半年; 在那边住半年;
: No。 That’s ridiculous。 不行; 那太荒唐了;
: What am I going to do? 我该怎么办呢?
: I love his eyes。 Who knows? 我喜欢他的见解; 谁知道?
: We all grow and change。 Anything could happen。 我们都会长大而改变的; 任何事情都可能发生。
: It’s not easy to be the mother of four children; take care of a house; and go to work。 当个有四个孩
子; 又要照料家务, 又要出去工作的母亲是不简单的;
: I’m not plaining; though。 Really I’m not。 可是我不抱怨。 真的; 我不会抱怨。
: Bill has a good job; and he always works overtime to make as much as he can。 But we can always
use some extra money。 比尔有好工作; 他时常尽可能的加班; 而我们也时常需要额外的钱;
: Four children eat a lot of food。 四个孩子要吃的东西是很多的。
: I didn’t go to college。 What could I do? 我没读大学; 我能做什么呢?
: I was a mother at nineteen。 我在十九岁的时候当了妈妈。
: I didn’t see much of the world then。 因此我对这世界看到的并不多。
: The children are all in school now; and I want to do something new。 现在孩子们都上学去了; 我
希望做些新的事情;
: I’m not old yet。 I want to live and learn and grow as much as I can。 我还不老; 我要尽我所能的生
活、学习和成长。
: This is my first job in eighteen years; and I love it。 这是我十八年以来的第一个工作。 我喜欢它;
: I love to work with flowers。 I want to learn about the business; too。 我喜欢跟花一起工作,我也要学
习有关做生意的事。
: Someday; I’m going to own a shop like this one。 有一天; 我自己将会拥有一间像这样的店。
: You know my brother; Ali; but you don’t know me。 你知道我弟弟阿里; 但不认识我;
: I am Hussein M。 Nikzad。 I’m nine and a half。 我是胡辛M·尼克萨德; 我九岁半;
: I am very strong for my age; and I’m very smart in school。 我很健壮; 在学校里也相当聪明;
: All my teachers say so。 我所有的老师都这么说。
着迷英语900 句
: I do my homework; and I pay attention to my teachers。 我做我的功课; 也听我的老师们的话;
: I like books。 I read all the time。 我喜欢书; 所有的时间都在看书;
: I can add; subtract; multiply and divide。 我能加、减、乘、除;
: I can read and write English and Farsi; 我能读与写英文和波斯语。
: and I know all about the heroes of my country。 我晓得我的国家所有英雄的事;
: I am going to be famous; too。 我也要成为着名的人物;
: I am going to build cities and roads and bridges and everything。 我打算建造城市、道路、桥梁; 以
及一切的一切。
: Ali is a strange kid。 阿里是个奇怪的孩子;
: He thinks everyone is a Martian and ice cream vendors are secret agents。 他认为每一个人都是火
星人; 以为贩卖冰淇淋的人是密探。
: Why does he eat ice cream all the time? 为什么他老是吃冰淇淋?
: Sometimes I think Father is right。 Ali acts like a child all the time。 有时候我认为父亲是对的,阿里
的行为始终像个小孩;
: He never could sit still。 从来不曾安静下来过;
: He doesn’t listen to anyone。 他不听任何人的话;
: He’s forgetting Farsi; too。 他也逐渐忘了波斯语。
: What is he going to do next year in Iran? 明年在伊朗他将做些什么呢?
: Ali hates me。 It’s not my fault。 阿里憎恨我; 那并非我的错;
: He hate s me because I’m bigger and smarter; and I’m Father’s favorite。 他恨我是因为我长得比
较大也比较聪明; 而且我是爸爸所疼爱的;
: Father doesn’t say that; of course; but I know it。 爸虽然不说; 但是我瞭解;
: And Ali knows it; too。 当然; 阿里他也知道。
: But Ali’s okay; really。 不过阿里真的也还好;
: Sure; sometimes he does crazy things; 当然; 他有时候会做些疯狂的事来;
: but he’s not a bad kid。 但是他不是个坏孩子。
第叁集
LAURA: Hi; Bill。 嗨; 比尔你好。
BILL: Hi; Laura。 How are you today? 嗨; 罗拉。 你今天怎么样?
LAURA: Awful。 I resigned。 糟透了! 我辞职了。
BILL: You resigned? Why?你辞职了? 为什么?
BILL: You liked the job; didn’t you? 你不是蛮喜欢那份工作吗?
LAURA: Yes and no。 I never liked my boss。 You know that。 喜欢也不喜欢,我始终都不喜欢我的老
板,这个你是知道的。
BILL: Yes。 But it was an interesting job; wasn’t it? 对; 可是那份工作不是蛮有趣的吗?
LAURA: Yes。 是的。
LAURA: We handled all the advertising and promotion for the Fair。 我们负责万博会所有的广告与
宣传促销。
BILL: Well; what are you going to do now? 那么; 你现在打算怎么样。
着迷英语900 句
LAURA: Find another job。 Do you need a secretary? 找新工作。 你需不需要一个秘书?
LAURA: I type sixty words a minute。我一分钟可以打六十个字。
BILL: No; not today。 But did you look in the newspaper? 今天不需要。 不过你可曾在报纸上找过?
LAURA: Yes。 Nobody needs a secretary this week。 找过了; 这个礼拜那里都不缺秘书。
BILL: What about the employment office here at the Fair? 万博会的人事处如何呢?
BILL: Did you check with them? 你到那边问过没有?
LAURA: No; I didn’t。 没有; 我没有。
BILL: Why not? 为什么不去呢?
LAURA: Because they aren’t going to help me。 因为他们不会帮助我的。
LAURA: I resigned from a good job! 我已经辞掉一份很好的工作!
BILL: Maybe you’re wrong。 也许你错了。
LAURA: Oh; Bill。 You need remendations to get a good job。 Mr。 Crawford isn’t going to give
me a remendation。
噢; 比尔; 要找一份好工作; 非有以前雇主的推荐不可。 郭佛先生不会帮我写推荐函的。
BILL: Look。 我跟你讲;
BILL: Mr。 Crawford is difficult to work for; right? 替郭佛先生作事很艰难; 你说是不是?
LAURA: Right。 是。
BILL: Well; maybe the employment office knows it; too。 也许人事处里也知道这个情形。
LAURA: I